Celbridge Community Council (hereinafter referred to as) “The Council”, is a charitable organisation and promotes its objectives in Celbridge and its environs as determined by the Council.
The objectives of The Council are as follows:
- To promote greater contact with caring, community, social, residential, youth, cultural, sporting, and business groups.
- To support the activities of voluntary groups in Celbridge.
- To provide care for the aged and other services for the benefit of the community.
- To encourage employment in Celbridge or to assist in its provision.
- To evaluate and influence the planning and physical development of Celbridge.
- In furthering these objectives, the Council may legally acquire and hold any necessary property.
The Council meets monthly but at least 6 times a year in General Meeting and between General Meetings, the Council is managed by an executive committee of its officers. The Council’s Annual General Meeting is held each year on or before 30 April. Council members are elected at biennial elections which are held during March or April as determined by the Council – the current members were elected in April 2010.
The following sub-committees are in operation at present:-
1. Care for Aged
3. Youth Facilities / Youth Cafe
4. Events / Fundraising
5. Planning & Development
6. Public Relations
The Executive Committee is involved in promoting Town Council Status for Celbridge. Over many years meetings have been held with the relevant Government Ministers of the Environment, but this project is ongoing.
Officers for the term 2012-2014:
Sean Darcy (Chairperson)
John McLoughlin (Vice Chairperson)
Mairin Hyland (Secretary / Minutes Secretary)
David Trost (Treasurer)
Michael McKenna (Treasurer)
Stephen Johnston (Public Relations Officer)